Purpose of the Job
Provide an exciting high visibility & impact project opportunity for a senior level HR professional looking to further develop strategic partnering and planning competencies, direct and remote leadership capabilities, enhance negotiations skills, and leverage demonstrated expertise in Core HR skills needed to design, implement and deliver results in the new HR organization. The successful candidate will need to display agilities that enable the start-up of this new organization, including: development of the vision, program framework, people planning and operating model for the Core Talent Solution Team. In addition, the successful individual should possess the ability to lead and manage a remote team comprised of 4 CTST Managers and 22 team members across the region. This role will be expected to interface with senior leaders, SHRBAs, SHRMAs, CoEs, HRC members and others in order to deliver consistent and efficient talent solutions within the region.
The CTST “Start Up” Project Role will be responsible for establishing the cadence, standard operating procedures (SOPs), KPIs and ways of working with our senior leadership team and our manufacturing sites. The anticipated duration for this project role is 2 - 3 years; with year one establishing the foundation for the success of this organization while already supporting the delivery of services; year two adapting the SOPs to ensure an efficient execution of core talent solution team policies /procedures and year three, stabilizing the CTST in the new HR organization. Principal Responsibilities
Core Talent Solutions Project Lead
This high impact / high visibility leadership role is responsible for ensuring the effectiveness and efficiency of this large operation, including:
- Flawless execution of our Core Talent Solutions according to HR’s annual calendar and the strategic contracting with SHRBAs, SHRMAs, and Senior Leaders.
- Deployment, cascade or facilitation of D+I and NA HR Priorities, including the team has the capability to handle the facilitation of distinct solutions/campaigns every year (e.g. GES deployment, CTM cascade, MSBS facilitation etc.)
- Management of multiple stakeholders, building the bridge and making the necessary connections to ensure CoE solutions processes are creating the right impact in “real life”
- Leadership of a dispersed high performing team comprised of 4 managers and 22 team members, located across the region
As we establish this new model, the first incumbent will be expected to, in addition to the above mentioned, set up a compelling vision for this new team, that energizes high caliber talent and attracts them to perform the important work of the CTST. He/she will be accountable for developing the vision, strategy and framework for the CTST, as well as establishing the ways of working, the feedback loop mechanisms and the KPI’s for this newly established team. The CTST Project Lead reports to the VP of Talent Strategy and Development.
The CTST Project Lead will be responsible for the following:
- Creating, implementing and executing the framework for the CTST structure
- Establishing an annual strategic contracting cadence with SHRBAs to ensure BU initiatives
- Ensuring an equitable distribution of team members based on geographic/BU alignment
- Developing a continuous feedback loop between the CTST managers, SHRBAs and VPs.
- • Measure the contribution of CTST regional team to business performance.
- Develop and track continuous feedback loops, in order to identify areas of continuous improvement, engagement trends, and team effectiveness.
- Regularly communicate metrics to appropriate stakeholders both within and outside of HR.
- Lead design and development of talent solutions ie.) agenda, priority calendarization and financial plan within a geographic cluster.
- Manage CTST team members within sector and ensure effective resource allocation model in place to meet business and core service objectives
- Ensures CTST team members are deployed and operational at the sites within the identified cluster, supporting delivery of all HR core talent solutions work including any locally required interventions
- Represent geographic cluster in prioritization activities and escalations in the broader core services area
- Annual strategic contracting/planning of organizational/business needs and activities at the unit-level and roll up by geographic alignment for BU.
- Organically shape and alter the core talent solutions processes through a continuous improvement mindset and in alignment with the CoEs.
The CTST Project Lead will aid in the execution of the NTH Regional strategy to ensure effective solutions and continuous improvement deliverables are completed at the site and BU level. Finally, this role will be responsible to coach, provide performance feedback and career development discussion with team members.Requirements:
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Bachelors of Arts or Science in Business or related fields; Advanced degree preferred
- 10+ years of progressive HR or business experience.
- Previous HR experience is desirable. Previous leadership experience is required (demonstrated experience managing a large team and developing successors).
- Proven track - record developing, implementing and evaluating large scale/impact projects, initiatives or organizations in a complex work environment (e.g. multiple business units, stakeholders and/or geographies involved).
- Led large-scale change initiatives within a complex business environment with multiple key stakeholders.
- Must have the ability to travel to assigned sites on a frequent and regular basis. Estimate 30% - 40%, depending on the time of the year
- Location: Florham Park or Gulf Coast (Houston, Freeport or Geismar)
- Influential – understands and relates well to various audiences at all organizational levels and can flex style accordingly to effectively influence outcomes
- Innovative – continuously searching for creative solutions to improve delivery and/or sustainability of key initiatives
- Versatile – ability to think and act on both strategic and tactical levels
- Results Oriented – drive to deliver results despite the odds; willing to go above and beyond to get results; has the tenacity and perseverance to see things through
- Change Agent – healthy dissatisfaction with the status quo; the catalyst and driver of positive change
- Interpersonal Savvy – builds relationships, maneuvers well within a large organization and exudes strong executive presence
- Business Acumen – understands how organizations work and can anticipate the possible impact/ramifications of strategies and tactics
- Leadership – excellent leadership and coaching capabilities; leads by example; values diversity; composed and approachable; culturally sensitive
- Balance - has the tenacity, confidence, and drive to stay true to a vision but the humility to consider and act upon new ways of thinking
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
BASF recognizes institutions of higher education accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent.