The Wealth and Investment Management (WIM) Modeling and Decision Sciences team supporting risk and compliance first and second line of defense is seeking a highly motivated individual with an excellent Java programming skill and a strong quantitative background to solve real world problems. This position will mainly be responsible for the architecture, design and development of the text mining rule simulation engine. The person in this role will also work with a cross-functional team to develop and implement next generations of Machine Learning capabilities such as Natural Language Processing and Network Modeling techniques to generate insights to proactively drive compliance and risk management.
Key responsibilities include and not limited to:
• Analyzing business needs and designing data flow diagram
• Using Java Database Connectivity (JDBC) to 1/ Call SQL Statements for both Query and Updating, 2/ Call Stored Procedures/Functions
• Developing and Maintaining Compliance Lexicon Rules which requires:
1. Read large raw files and parse them into usable tokens for loading and processing
2. String Matching including: Regular Expression, String IndexOf, StartsWith, EndsWith
3. String Manipulation: Building of Strings using StringBuffer or StringBuilder
4. String Parsing/Tokenizing to split large text files into tokens
• Applying statistical techniques to large and complex data sets to solve business problems.
• Using Basic SQL Knowledge to write Select, Insert, Update, Delete statements
• Assisting in the data architecture and data cleansing methodology and implementation
• Programming and building automation systems using Java and other text mining tools
• Performing proof of concept to test big data capabilities such as Lucene Solr
• Documenting and maintaining metadata
• Writing presentation deck and communicating results to our internal customers and external customersRequired Qualifications
Other Desired Qualifications
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.