It starts with you. Our goal is to attract, develop, retain and motivate the most talented people - those who care and who work together as partners across business units and functions. We value and promote diversity and inclusion in every aspect of our business and at every level of our organization.
Help architect our future. Be a leader of leaders. Get ready for your perfect job, one that encourages you to think strategically yet stay connected with your teams. Prepare to innovate, create, and inspire.
The Cross-Group Operational Risk team drives reliable and repeatable approaches to operational risk management across Consumer Lending (CL) and Payment, Virtual Solutions and Innovation (PVSI). A key priority for the team is the consistent and value-added delivery of operational risk management programs dedicated to specific risk themes as well as facilitating solutions for cross-group wide opportunities.
This Credit Risk Analytic Manager 3 will report to Aman Sokhi, Credit Portfolio Manager for Cross-Group Operational Risk, Consumer Lending and Payment, Virtual Solutions, and Innovation.
The objective of this team is to drive consistent and common reporting and analytic solutions across various operational risk programs including Third Party, Business Continuity, Credit Bureau Reporting and Disputes, Issues Management, and Payments across Consumer Lending, Payments, Virtual Solutions, and Innovation.
The successful candidate will need to leverage analytical tools, methods, and industry best practices to help the business achieve operational excellence. Effective communication skills are required to identify operational and compliance risk gaps and prioritize and remediate these gaps effectively and timely.
This Credit Risk Analytic Manager will lead a team of analysts and will be responsible for:
- Developing and enhancing reporting across all operational risk programs. This requires a review and assessment of existing operational risk data sources across multiple platforms including data such as Audit & Regulatory Issues, Operational Losses, Credit Bureau Reporting & Disputes, Third Party, Payments, Process/Transactions, and Remediations.
- Reviewing and analyzing operational risk portfolio performance trends and participating in risk and business forums to present and communicate key trends and risks. Presenting to and updating management on progress on the key reporting & analytics projects under their lead with recommendations for removing roadblocks, enhancing results, and/or accelerating delivery.
- Managing operational risk analytics and reporting with team members to provide guidance on objectives, timelines/resources, and desired results; and overseeing analysis and quality. Developing presentations and recommendations for management.
- Researching ways to enhance and identify current & emerging risk through the use of external data sources and new internal data sources.
- Reviewing and assessing the existing operational risk data platforms with the Business and Corporate Risk teams to identify opportunities to drive efficiencies, expand risk identification, and drive connectivity across operational risk data sources.
- Partnering across the Cross Group Operational Risk team and the Second Line Operational Risk teams to develop analytic and reporting solutions.
- 10+ years of risk reporting experience, risk analytics experience, or a combination of both
- 4+ years of management experience, in a risk environment
- A BS/BA degree or higher
Other Desired Qualifications
Beyond experience, the right personal style and attitude are critical to success in this role.
- 5+ years credit, operational, or compliance risk experience
- 5+ years consumer lending and/or retail banking experience
- 5+ years experience with SAS and/or SQL
- Knowledge and understanding of consumer lending data and analytics
- Previous experience with unsecured lending with a focus on credit cards or personal lines and loans
- Strong familiarity with reporting solutions including Tableau, MS SQL Server Reporting Solution, Visual Basic, and other relevant reporting tools to guide analysts
- Proven track record building out a Risk Data and Analytics program that supports multiple lines of business and a variety of target audiences – both internally and externally
- Ability to motivate staff to prioritize work, meet deadlines, achieve goals, and work under pressure in a dynamic and complex environment
- Demonstrated ability to interact effectively with multiple levels of operations team members, including senior level managers
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Advanced degree in statistics, finance, math, engineering, or similar quantitative disciplines
- Ability to travel up to 20% of the time
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.