Mahwah, New Jersey
Credit Rep Lead
The Retail Card Services Credit Representative Lead decisions Retail Card Services (RCS) private label credit card individual customer and small business applications using automated underwriting system.Job Requirements
• Decisions typically more complex RCS applications.
• Provides direction, technical guidance, and answers questions as needed.
• Provides training and mentoring for new and less experienced staff.
• Researches more complex issues prior to resolution with customers.
• Checks contract and specific account terms, communicates with account management, merchant services, account system vendor and other internal and external personnel to obtain information.
• Researches applicable policies, consults with supervision if needed to evaluate situations, decides on correct responses and communicates answers to customers. Authorizes finance and other charge givebacks when appropriate and within limits of authority.
• May lead activities of unit, assigning, prioritizing and monitoring work.
• Orders and obtains credit reports and other applicable credit history information.
• Communicates credit decisions to merchants and customers within designated timeframes.
• Assists with RCS private label credit card individual customer and small business applications credit decision process.
• Reviews and evaluates findings and results presented by underwriting system.
• Assists more experienced personnel in using automated underwriting system.Qualifications
• High School Diploma or equivalent experience
• 3-5 Years of related experience
• In-depth knowledge of private label credit card industry underwriting practices and procedures, including consumer credit and other related regulatory guidelines.
• Excellent analytical ability to understand, apply and recognize exceptions to credit decision process.
• Strong computer skills, with extensive experience using automated underwriting tools.