The Communication specialist is a self-motivated communications professional with relevant communications experience leading Sales communication activities. The role will report directly to the Manager of Communications & Coordination and work with the entire Media Sales communications team to serve as a liaison between the various sales organizations (dealership facing, OEM facing and inside sales) and corporate. The Sales Communications Specialist will be brought in to help with Cox Automotive Media communications projects as needed. The ideal candidate will perform best in a team environment, possess solid writing skills and have content management experience, as well as a desire to innovate and execute in the internal communications space.
·Author and coordinate weekly sales communications, ad hoc e-mail messages, intranet articles and communication plans by working across multiple departments.
·Monitor, measure and report on the effectiveness of internal communication vehicles.
·Maintain accuracy of ongoing communications content calendar, departmental calendar of events and weekly newsletter distribution lists.
·Serve as liaison with Marketing, Product Management, Operations and other key departments to ensure company-facing materials and collateral are up to date and appropriate for the field – and provide counsel on timing and channels for messages.
·Assist in creating and updating PowerPoint presentations, e-mail newsletters and other digital communications.
·Obtain knowledge of all products, services and accounts; proactively work with internal partners to determine what’s relevant to the sales department.
·Prepare confidential and sensitive information for use by Management.
·Maintain superior computer, written and verbal presentation skills including correspondence, reports, graphs, charts and PowerPoint presentations.
·Work independently and within a team on special nonrecurring and ongoing projects. Serve as the project coordinator for special projects.
·Communicate consistently, effectively and within a timely manner with Management regarding the general state of business.
·Provide support to the Manager of Communications & Coordination and the Media Sales team.
·Up to 15% travel required, including some overnight tripsQualifications
· Bachelor’s Degree in journalism, public relations, communications or related field – or equivalent relevant experience.
· 2+ years’ experience in corporate or employee communication, journalism/media, marketing or PR industries required (automotive experience a plus)
· Outstanding written and verbal communication skills (writing, editing, proofreading, interviewing skills)
· Ability to multi-task and keep numerous projects on track and on budget
· Proven ability to manage projects from start to finish.
· Strong knowledge and experience with Microsoft Office including Outlook, PowerPoint and Excel is required.
· Exceptional organizational and interpersonal skills; Detail-oriented.
· High level of communication skills with experience in interacting with all levels of Management and employees.
· Ability to prioritize work independently.