BEVILL STATE COMMUNITY COLLEGE
1411 Indiana Avenue Jasper, AL 35501
Beginning date: April 19 2017
Closing date: May 10, 2017
APPROXIMATE STARTING DATE: August, 2017
Bevill State Community College is an accredited, learning-centered institution dedicated to student success by providing quality educational and training opportunities that enrich lives intellectually, economically, and culturally.
Masters Degree from applicable discipline with 18 graduate hours in teaching field from an accredited institution of higher education is required. A minimum of three years work experience in occupational area are required. In addition, effective oral and written communication skills are required. Teaching experience at the community college level is preferred.
In addition to adhering to the guidelines as specified by Bevill State Community College Personnel Handbook and the ACCS Board of Trustees, duties will include, but are not limited to, the following:
1. Teach classes/labs as assigned. Classes/labs may be scheduled during the day, evenings, or weekend and at any Campus/instructional site deemed necessary.
2. Work closely with other College business office management technology instructors to align course offerings, class schedules, syllabi, student learning outcomes, and Plans of Instruction (POI).
3. Assist students as advisors to include developing class schedules, program planning, and career counseling.
4. Achieve and maintain appropriate instructor certifications.
5. Achieve proficiency in Canvas and incorporate it in the delivery of all courses.
6. Maintain updated course syllabi for all courses taught and provide a syllabus to all students enrolled in the class. Each faculty member will adhere to the course syllabus.
7. Review and recommend revision of curriculum periodically based on relevant business and industry standards/needs.
8. Provide input to the appropriate Instructional Discipline Committees.
9. Assist in the development of course offerings each term.
10. Maintain all records as needed for the instructional program.
11. Participate on college-wide committees.
12. Provide library assignments to students.
13. Maintain professional conduct in dealing with students, staff, administration, faculty, and the college community.
14. Adhere to prescribed procedures in all financial operations of the division.
15. Maintain safe practices in classroom, laboratory, and clinical settings.
16. Assist college personnel in the recruitment of students.
17. Participate in the needs assessment, planning, and budgeting processes of the division.
18. Compile and dispense necessary reports in a timely manner.
19. Assist in enforcing all college policies.
20. Assist in the coordination of the institutional effectiveness plan.
21. Attend faculty and staff meetings.
22. Participate in College and community activities.
23. Continue professional development through professional organization, seminars, etc., to maintain and improve skills.
24. Assume all other duties assigned by the Campus Chair, Dean or designee.
Minimum $35,791 maximum $77,432 - (9-month contract), based on experience and educational level for Placement on Alabama Community College System D1. Additional salary may be available, but is not guaranteed, for summer employment.
Bevill State Community College employment applications are available from the following address or visit our website at www.bscc.edu and click on “Job Opportunities” at the bottom of the homepage. All applications should be mailed to:
Office of Human Resources
Bevill State Community College
1411 Indiana Avenue Jasper, AL 35501
Email in a .pdf format to:
All application material for this position must be submitted as a new complete packet and will become the property of the College. Transcripts MUST be submitted with every application for employment.
It is the sole responsibility of the applicant to ensure his or her application packet is complete.
Before an offer of employment can be made to the selected candidate, the College will require written verification (on letterhead and signed by an appropriate authority) from current and previous employers confirming the required level of experience as stated in the “Qualifications” section.
In accordance with Alabama Community College System Policy and guidelines, the applicant chosen for employment will be required to sign a consent form and to submit a nonrefundable fee of $17.40 (additional charges may apply) for a criminal background check. Employment will be contingent upon the receipt of a clearance notification from the criminal background check. Bevill State Community College is an active participant in the Employment Eligibility Verification Program (E-Verify). E-Verify electronically confirms an employee’s eligibility to work in the United States as required by the Department of Homeland Security.
Bevill State Community College is an equal opportunity employer. It is the official policy of the Alabama Community College System, and Bevill State Community College that no person shall, on the grounds of race, color, disability, gender, religion, creed, national origin, or age, be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be subjected to discrimination under any program, activity or employment. Bevill State Community College will make reasonable accommodations for qualified disabled applicants or employees. If you have a disability and may require accommodations, please notify us at 205-387-0511 Ext. 5784. The College reserves the right to withdraw this job announcement at any time prior to the awarding.
Please note that Bevill State Community College hours are 7:30 to 5:30 Monday-Thursday and 7:30 to 11:30 on Friday.