Newark, New Jersey
Bilingual (Spanish) Healthcare Rep
DescriptionOn March 1, 2017 McKesson Corporation (NYSE MCK) and Change Healthcare Holdings, Inc., formed a new healthcare information technology company, setting an incredibly exciting course for the future. The entity combined substantially all of Change Healthcare’s
business and the majority of McKesson Technology Solutions (MTS) into the new company.
CULTIVATING A CAREER WITHIN CHANGE HEALTHCARE
Our culture is guided by our core values which are woven into the fabric of every aspect of our company; Pursue Purpose, Champion Innovation, Earn Trust, Be Agile, and Include All.
Join our team today where we are creating a better coordinated, increasingly collaborative, and more efficient healthcare system!
Healthcare Representatives act as advocates and meet with patients and their families daily. They are responsible for tracking every application they receive and obtaining high rates of successful outcomes. If you appreciate helping people and possess great
communication and computer skills, take the next step towards a rewarding career at Change Healthcare!
• Work effectively with hospital employees and patients.
• Interviewing clients in a hospital setting and/or home visits to assist the clients in obtaining maximum benefit coverage.
• Completion of applications for state and federal programs (including Health Exchange/Marketplace programs), reviewing medical records and taking all necessary action to expedite benefit approval.
• Achieve and maintain certification designation as “Certified Application Counselor”.
• Adherence to company and legal standards regarding Protected Health Information (PHI), Personal Identifiable Information (PII) and Personnel Transaction Identifier (PTI).
• Maintain ongoing communication with government agencies regarding the status of claims.
• Provide updates and assistance to hospital personnel and other Change Healthcare staff as needed.
• Maintain documentation of status of claims and client contract on Change Healthcare and/or hospital computer systems.
• Making a determination to take a Federal, State or Local program application based upon medical definition of disability as it relates to body systems and to functions of daily living, and information contained in medical records.
Requirements• 4 Year College Degree Preferred
• Knowledge of federal and state programs that will benefit coverage for the client
• Demonstrated experience working with people of various educational and socioeconomics background preferred
• 1-3 years of relevant hospital and healthcare experience
• Possible language skills, as required by geographic location
• Proficient with computer skills and tablet devices including Microsoft Office applications (Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint)
• Ability to travel
• Professional & polished demeanor
• Strong work ethics and confidentiality
• Time management skills and attention to detail
INSPIRING A BETTER HEALTHCARE SYSTEM
Change Healthcare is one of the largest, independent healthcare technology companies in the United States. We are a key catalyst of a value-based healthcare system – working alongside our customers and partners to accelerate the journey towards improved lives
and healthier communities.
We provide software and analytics, network solutions and technology-enabled services that help our customers obtain actionable insights, exchange mission-critical information, control costs, optimize revenue opportunities, increase cash flow and effectively
navigate the shift to value-based healthcare. Our solutions enable improved efficiencies and insights for all major stakeholders across the healthcare system, including commercial and governmental payers, employers, hospitals, physicians and other providers,
laboratories and consumers.