The Associate Vice President, Group Strategy will drive organizational strategic planning and associated analysis efforts to innovate the
Cox Automotive business portfolio in order to increase the value of its businesses and brands.
Specifically, this position will: 1) lead the strategic planning processes for the Cox Automotive Retail Solutions group,2) drive scope & areas of investments for the Group, 3) collaborate with and lead development of the strategies for key business opportunities working closely with Solutions Group executive team 4) support Cox Auto & Cox Enterprises Strategy visioning & execution including planning, portfolio management and future focus.
Responsibilities include definition and maintenance of our future state vision against an internal/external fact base
within each market to measure impacts to the portfolio and define new business initiatives and revenue opportunities.
- Participate as a key member of the SVP/Chief Strategy Officer’s executive staff and thought leader for the Cox Automotive executive team
- Support the President Retail Solutions, SVP Finance, and Business Leaders to define and manage the key business and strategic priorities for growth
- Manage strategy team members assigned to group and/or group projects
- Lead development of the Group strategy and continue to evolve the strategic planning process
- Strategic Planning, Investment Management Tracking and exploration of new adjacencies
- Drive process to define and key strategic initiatives to mitigate risks and realize opportunities within the current 5-year financial plans
- Develop and maintain strategic focus areas to drive incremental growth
- Help canvass market and develop relationships with emerging companies to assist in development of pipeline of Corporate Development opportunities in alignment with the overall strategy
- Support the Solutions Group Presidents and leadership to define and manage the long-term portfolio goals and annual strategic priorities and turn them into actionable business plans.
- Facilitate ideation sessions with key leadership on operational teams to explore strategies to grow business.
- Identify and help originate growth opportunities in existing and new markets
- Lead the evaluation of new and evolving strategic business opportunities that will support performance plans/goals.
- Help canvass market and develop relationships with emerging companies to assist in development opportunities in alignment with the overall strategy
- Provide additional support as needed to evaluate and measure key strategic initiatives and the overall strategic growth plan.
- Lead creation and development of the business planning process / team
- Enhance the overall collaboration, communications and standardization of the business planning process (frameworks, analysis, etc.) in support of better aligning the overall Cox Automotive strategy
- Establish meeting cadence and work routines for the extended team
- Lead and facilitate group meetings and planning sessions, including meetings with FP&A and Corporate Development partners
- Identify current and ongoing support needs and expectations from each group president/operations lead to design and plan resource allocation
- Lead development and maintenance of the internal and external fact base
- In partnership with Strategic Analysis, Market & Competitive Intelligence functions, maintain and utilize industry, competitive and general economic knowledge to make strategic recommendations or identify risks/opportunities to current business plans
- Quantify impacts of external trends and internal performance on long range business plans.
- Provide support and perform ad hoc analyses for new Group initiatives; participate and help ensure alignment of vision and planning between Cox Automotive and Cox Enterprises
- Provide integration support to newly acquired businesses as required.
Bachelor Degree required. MBA or relevant certifications preferred.
12+ years of professional experience, predominantly in a financial, strategic planning or business
development capacity. Successful track record in corporate strategy or strategy consulting roles, including
leadership experience preferred.
Prior software/platform as a service or BtoB software business experience and/or digital retail, in automotive
Knowledge of strategic planning process, market research and analysis techniques and tools.
Excellent forecasting skills. Strong analytical and research skills. Concise and clear verbal and written
Ability to establish credibility as an internal thought leader on strategic and business issues.
Ability to work cross-functionally and collaboratively. Ability to interact with leadership at all levels of the
Ability to interpret complex data and distill it into concise, relevant documents and presentations for an
Ability to think strategically, abstractly, in broad concepts and terms and apply to tangible plans and
quantifiable business impacts.
Passion for storytelling, concepting fresh ideas, and translating market insights into compelling pitches.
Ability to thrive in a fast paced growth-company environment (sense of urgency, adaptable, champion of
Proficient in MS Office including Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
Cox AutomotivePrimary Location:
US-GA-Atlanta-1001 Summit BlvdOther Locations:
Lake Success,US,NY,,Employee Status:
Yes, 50 % of the TimeSchedule: