As the Commonwealth's flagship campus, the University of Massachusetts Amherst is making a profound, transformative impact to the common good. We are the largest public research university in New England, distinguished by the excellence and breadth of our academic, research and community outreach programs. Our students are bright, bold, unconventional thinkers and our campus culture typifies the ultimate public university experience with diverse students and deep community engagement.
The Position: The University of Massachusetts Amherst Foundation is seeking an Associate Director of Development for Athletics to manage various components of a comprehensive annual giving program for the University's Division I FBS athletics department. This position reports directly to the Senior Associate Athletic Director / Executive Director of Development and assists in all aspects of unit fundraising. The program incorporates the Minutemen Club annual giving program and specific sports giving groups with an emphasis on lead annual fund gifts.
- Manage various components of a comprehensive annual giving program for the Athletics Department. This includes:
- Assist the Senior Associate Athletic Director / Executive Director of Development with development of annual giving goals, program plans and relevant budgets.
- Direct and oversee the solicitation of former varsity athletes, alumni, friends and parents in concert with all 21 athletic programs and their head coaches.
- Develop strategies to increase donor retention, upgrades, and donor acquisition in all annual giving programs.
- Manage various aspects of the Minutemen Club annual giving program to secure annual fund gifts and coordinate specific sports giving groups fundraising initiatives.
- Develop and manage a portfolio of 75-100 Athletics donors and prospects to enhance leadership giving – leading to major gift solicitations. Develop detailed strategies and expectations on an annual basis for all prospects.
- Manage the coordination of sport specific giving groups annual fundraising while serving as head liaison for 2-4 teams/head coaches as assigned.
- Develop and manage a key group of volunteers to support the annual fundraising effort.
- BA degree required.
- Three to five years of development experience, preferably, in an educational institute. Equivalent experience in private sector sales or marketing will be considered.
- Experienced relationship builder with excellent communication skills–and the ability to be responsive, resourceful and relationship-oriented.
- Decisive and organized with the skills to navigate multiple projects with ease.
- Ability and willingness to travel on a frequent basis.
- Ability and willingness to work some evenings and weekends.
- Knowledge of computer systems required. Experience with an automated phone program preferred.
- Knowledge of database fundraising software CS Advance.
- Knowledge of prospect management systems.
Salary commensurate with qualifications and experience.
To be considered for this position: please submit a letter of interest and resume to Carolyn Crowley at email@example.com. Review of applications will begin immediately, in the order in which they are received. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
The University of Massachusetts Amherst Foundation is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer of women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities and encourages applications from these and other protected group members.