Cherry Hill, New Jersey
Finance | Accounting
Asset Liability Manager - Treasury
Asset and liability management is the practice of managing risks that arise due to mismatches between the assets and liabilities (debts and assets) of the bank. Banks face several risks such as the liquidity risk, interest rate risk, credit risk and operational risk. Asset Liability management (ALM) is a strategic management tool to manage interest rate risk and liquidity risk faced by banks, other financial services companies and corporations. The Asset Liability Analyst/Manager uses these tools to manage interest rate risk and liquidity for the organization.Job Requirements
. Responsible for development of consolidated risk management reporting framework used for market risk management.
. Develop framework to assess hedge effectiveness by book and ensure all hedging costs are accurately identified and captured.
. Responsible for the continuous improvement of the financial position creation and funds transfer pricing process including modeling, system design and programming.
. Identify operating risk regarding information used to manage and measure margins.
. Report and interpret risk measurement reports for Front Office staff.
. Calculate Economic Capital factors to be applied in measuring product contribution.Qualifications
. Bachelor’s degree; graduate degree preferred.
. 5 Years of experience with significant exposure to: finance, systems and programming.
. Strong skills in communication, people.
. Management and project management.
. Expert understanding of key areas of functional expertise, including: financial markets and instruments, financial engineering clearing and settlement process, financial institution operations.
. Product structure, pricing and transfer pricing.
. Legislative/regulatory requirements for funding and capital.
• As part of the Asset Liability Management team, focus on the relationship between TD Bank and TD Ameritrade, particularly around an Insured Deposit Account agreement between the two companies
• Act as the TD Bank liaison with TD Ameritrade
• Act as a consultant to TD Ameritrade providing advice on balance sheet and interest rate risk management
• Assist TD Ameritrade in accomplishing its risk management objectives via the Insured Deposit Account agreement
• Explain the impact of TD Ameritrade relationship and transactions on TD Bank financial results to TD Bank management
• Ensure compliance with regulatory requirements surrounding transactions with TD Ameritrade
• Resolves issues and problems by conferring with staff, other internal departments, outside contacts and others as necessary
• Assist in integrating Scottrade Bank (a pending joint acquisition by TD Bank and TD Ameritrade) into TD Bank
• In conjunction with other TBSM partners, participate in the measurement, management, reporting and the implementation of the Company's strategic interest rate risk, funds transfer pricing, and asset liability management modeling
More Jobs Like This
We couldn't find matching jobs.
Career Advice from DiversityInc