The Architectural Sales Representative opening is in our Kawneer business line. We are the leading manufacturer of architectural aluminum products and systems for the commercial construction industry. Kawneer is part of Arconic’s global Building and Construction Systems (BCS) business unit, which manufactures and markets architectural systems and products in North America, Europe, Asia and the Middle East.
The Architectural Sales Representative is responsible for the successful promotion and project sale of Kawneer branded products in the New York City /New Jersey Territory.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
Major Activities and Key Challenges Include:
- Knowledge of sales principles and practices i.e. prospecting experience through cold calling, networking and research;
- Flexible and creative, with an ability to handle stress, deadlines, and financial pressures i.e. sales goals;
- Successfully propose, negotiate, and close profitable revenue opportunities at existing and new account locations by leveraging strong relationships with senior operations executives;
- Evaluate customer needs, understand market drivers and forces, and ensure appropriate service/product delivery and pricing;
- Grow the business & find new revenue opportunities, and create productive, long-term customer relationships within the Architectural Aluminum industry;
- Professional appearance and strong interpersonal skills;
- Ability to organize, prioritize and multi task in a fast paced environment;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Proof of valid driver’s license and insurance (must meet company’s minimum requirements);
- Participate in key industry organizations like the American Institute of Architects;
- Proven record of promoting, selling, and securing orders from existing and prospective customers through a relationship-based approach;
- Keeps abreast of product applications, technical services, market conditions, competitive activities, advertising and promotional trends through the reading of pertinent literature and consulting with marketing and technical service areas;
- Excellent communication, presentation, written and technical skills that can be used to establish and strengthen both external & internal customer relationships;
- Required to lift up to 50lbs, this may include lifting weight above shoulders as needed;
- Ability to interact with internal customers in a positive and constructive fashion;
- Develop and maintain accurate project files;
- Can articulate features and benefits of all product lines to key buying influences;
- Ability to analyze new customer opportunities and add when needed to achieve sales targets;
- Ability to resolve problems in the field;
- Ability to promote during industry trade shows;
- Basic computer skills;
- Basic understanding of key financial drivers and relate them to overall territory and business goals;
- A mechanical aptitude with general interest in the building sciences.
- High school diploma or G.E.D. from an accredited institution;
- Minimum of 3 years of sales experience in commercial building and construction industry;
- Employees must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution;
- Minimum of 5 years of sales experience in commercial building and construction industry;
- Comfortable reading and understanding architectural details, construction documents, quotations, and specifications.
Not ready to apply?