Who is Mastercard?
We are the global technology company behind the world’s fastest payments processing network. We are a vehicle for commerce, a connection to financial systems for the previously excluded, a technology innovation lab, and the home of Priceless®. We ensure every employee has the opportunity to be a part of something bigger and to change lives. We believe as our company grows, so should you. We believe in connecting everyone to endless, priceless possibilities.
API Consultant - Platform Architect - MC API
• MasterCard is looking for a talented and experienced API architect / developer to join its API platform modernization team
• In this role, you will be a key member of a highly agile team of engineers, working to build the Developer Zone platform and API gateway services.
• Re-architecting the legacy API components and integrating the new services to the new gateway solution including Mastercard developers portal is a key focus as the API platform continues towards a unified solution.
• This engineering team will have a diverse focus both in terms of geography and variety of technology challenge
• Are you a talented architect with a passion for technology development and innovation?
• Do you Love coding, enjoy fast paced dynamic environments and strong sense of ownership /desire to succeed?
• Do you excel in a complex environment with multiple stakeholders?
• Do you have vast experience and knowledge of the payment industries?
All About You
• Collaborate with business and technical partners to identify and scope the opportunities, outline potential value and ROI, identify risks, benefits and constraints. Contribute to the overall strategy and manage complex issues within functional area of expertise.
• Recommend and drive strategic policy, tooling and complete the implementation of those decisions.
• Interacts with customers, developers, architects and requestors to identify scope of projects.
• Assist with the creation of training materials, development activities and automation practices to advance team capacity.
• Ensure performance test strategy & performance tests enable our systems to operate over anticipated production volumes.
• Drive and foster innovation with toolset to increase team productivity, and deliver faster.
• Sound knowledge of CI/CD concepts, and pipelines.
• Experience with performance engineering and profiling (e.g. Java JVM, Databases) and tools such as Load Runner, JMeter.
• Exposure to Cloud, Infrastructure-as-a-code concept, and tools such as Chef/Puppet desirable.
• Expertise in agile and waterfall delivery, life-cycle management tools (JIRA/Rally), software testing standards, methods and conventions.
• Expertise with information security protocols such as 3DES, Public Key Cryptography, Hashing algorithms, etc. desirable but not mandatory.
• Independently architected, managed, lead several complex enterprise wide projects/efforts.
• Proven experience in Responsive Design and UI design best practice
• Continuously discover and evaluate new technologies to maximize development efficiency
• Working experience using web services and API's built on SOAP or REST and using XML or JSON
• Core Java, J2EE, Development experience
• Experience in Middle-tier and Backend is desirable
• Experience in API, Wrappers desirable
• Strong Communicator with good written skills
Key Technology Areas:
• Backend (Java/2JEE, Grails, Spring, API design)
• Mobile (iOS, Android)
• Database (Postgres, Oracle)
• Others (EMV technology, JavaCard, Hadoop)
• Core and Server Side Java Concepts
• SOAP & REST Web Service Implementations
• Java & Web Application Servers (JBoss, Websphere, Apache etc.)
• Java Performance Tuning & Troubleshooting Tool Stacks
• Open Source Java Frameworks like Spring, Hibernate, Struts, Maven, etc.
• Unix Shell Scripting
• DB Design, DDL & DML creation
• Web Security
• Java Operations Stack Tools: Wiley, Splunk, Dynatrace
• Application & Network Level Architecture
Equal Opportunity Employer