It starts with you. Our goal is to attract, develop, retain and motivate the most talented people - those who care and who work together as partners across business units and functions. We value and promote diversity and inclusion in every aspect of our business and at every level of our organization.
At Wells Fargo, we invest in our people. Our diverse lines of business offer unique opportunities to expand your knowledge and advance your career.
Corporate Risk provides leadership, enhances communications, assists with problem identification and solutions, and shares best practices. In addition, this group provides an enterprise-wide view of risk, assists management and our Board of Directors in identifying and monitoring risks that may affect multiple lines of business, and takes appropriate action when business activities exceed the risk tolerance of the company.
With the centralization of Commitment to Customer (C2C) Remediation functions into the Corporate Risk Center of Excellence (COE), we have an immediate need for a highly skilled Analytic Manager 2 - C2C COE. This Analytic Manager will be responsible for leading a team of analysts that play the critical role of leveraging deep business systems and database knowledge to perform advanced data validation of customer remediation populations that have been identified.
Specific duties and responsibilities of the role include, but may not be limited to:
- Playing a key role in the creation of this new capability within Corporate Risk, developing advanced data validation techniques and processes
- Overseeing a team responsible for partnering with Remediation Leads and Data Analytics teams to validate that populations of harmed customers have been fully and accurately identified
- Leading a validation team verifying that data processes match business language waterfalls and that processes and assumptions were thoroughly documented
- Developing remediation expertise and best practices to be used throughout the organization for structuring accurate population identification, data profiling, and review of outliers
- Partnering with Remediation and data teams to validate that populations of harmed customers have been fully and accurately identified
- Validating that queries were executed accurately by data analytics teams
- Validating that queries were documented matching documented business language waterfalls
- Challenging assumptions re: translation of business language to technical requirements, location of data, archives, etc.
- Developing processes to perform negative testing and utilizing other data validation/statistical techniques to identify outliers, bad data, etc.
- Reviewing/analyzing trends, identifying new methodology/data sources, and recommending strategy changes or process enhancements
- Striving for an exceedingly high level of accuracy
- Developing in-depth knowledge and expertise regarding Consumer Lending Group and Retail Banking data
- Determining the required capabilities, tools, and data, and leveraging multiple information sources
- Maintaining necessary processes, controls, and procedures to ensure data accuracy and integrity
- Ensuring adherence to data management/data governance regulations and policies
Preferred locations are West Des Moines, IA; Tempe, AZ; Irvine, CA; Plano, TX; San Antonio, TX; or Charlotte, NC; however, other locations may be considered.
- 5+ years of reporting experience, analytics experience, or a combination of both
- 1+ year of management experience
Other Desired Qualifications
- Experience as a leader, facilitator, and developer of high performing team members to meet or exceed business goals and/or objectives, while fostering a team atmosphere
- Experience managing analytic team members
- Expertise in data profiling and research
- Expertise in data validation techniques such as negative testing
- Experience with various testing approaches such as design of experiment and process testing
- Hands-on experience working with large and complex data
- 5+ years of SAS or SQL experience
- In depth-knowledge of business systems and data structure
- Experience with MSP, FDR, Shaw, AFS, HELMS
- Experience with Microsoft Reporting tools including Visual Basic, SSRS, and SSIS
- Familiarity with Tableau or similar reporting applications
- Knowledge and understanding of risk management in financial services
- Knowledge of Consumer Lending and Retail Banking businesses and products, and relationship structure
- Proven track record supporting multiple lines of business and a variety of target audiences – both internally and externally
- Ability to prioritize work, meet deadlines, achieve goals, and work under pressure in a dynamic and complex environment
- Ability to influence and create an environment that fosters collaboration and credible challenge across multiple levels of the organization
- Ability to work effectively in virtual environment where key team members and partners are in various time zones and locations
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to travel up to 20% of the time
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.