Wells Fargo's Consumer Lending Group (CLG) is an industry leader in supporting homeowners and consumers. We put customers at the center of all that we do. We make every decision - and design every product and service - with our customers in mind.
It starts with you. We must attract, develop, retain and motivate the most talented people - those who care and who work together as partners across business units and functions. We value and promote diversity and inclusion in every aspect of our business and at every level of our organization.
The CLG team includes Home Lending, Consumer Credit Card, Personal Loans and Lines, Direct Auto, Dealer Services, Commercial Auto, Retail Services and Education Financial Services including the professional services teams that partner with these businesses - Human Resources, Finance, Credit Risk, and Compliance & Operational Risk.
Our Consumer Lending Group Finance organization partners with Home Lending businesses to provide strategic insight and actionable advice to serve our customers and to satisfy all their financial needs.
The CLG Capital Markets Finance Data Analytics Team is seeking a dynamic individual responsible for performing various activities related to home mortgage business data analysis and reporting.
Duties and responsibilities may include:
• Consult with internal CLG business partners to identify and define business requirements.
• Translate complex business needs into comprehensive analysis, technical solution designs and recommendations.
• Develop and maintain SAS data processes within a controlled framework to gather and prepare mortgage data which drives reporting and prepayment models, credit models and cash flow models.
• Compiling/mining data from multiple, cross-business sources. Data is typically sizable.
• Recommend and participate in the design and development of systems and processes using statistical and/or financial analysis.
• Ensure adherence to data management policies, regulations and best practices.
• Interpret and present results of analyses and recommendations to management.
• Lead small work teams & mentor lower level staff.
Key factors for success:
• Effectively work independently and as part of a nimble development and support team.
• Achieve objectives in a fast-paced, dynamic, collaborative environment.
• Ability to design, develop and maintain robust, repeatable processes.
• Ability to identify continuous improvement opportunities to streamline processes and maximize data quality for daily and monthly data processing systems.
Other Desired Qualifications
• 4+ years of application development experience
• 4+ years of experience working with Teradata or Oracle database management systems
• Advanced scripting skills specifically around automation, error collection and alerting
• Masters degree in Information Systems or Computer Science or other engineering/quantitative field
• Certified Advanced SAS Programmer
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.