· Create customized MS Access databases to gather, extract, and analyze data, based on the needs of the department
· Gather, extract, and analyze data from multiple work management sources. Verify and validate data as required.
· Assist CSC Manager in development of annual Work plans and in the day to day management of projects under their jurisdiction
· Manage the invoice payment process of capital and expense invoices
· Analyze historical data to assist in creating an annual work plan and capital forecast.
· Analyze planned versus actual project spend and work completion, and share with key stakeholders
· Independently collate and analyze work unit and/or financial data within CSC using pre-determined tools, methods and formats in order to support the department’s decision making process
· Monitor and review financial information, updating where necessary in order to identify any anomalies or discrepancies and ensure management has access to timely and accurate information.
· Work with Public Works Reimbursement analysts to ensure reimbursement goals are met
· Work with Engineers to track employee vacation and sick time
· Develop and maintain effective relationships with other stakeholders to share best practices, provide technical advice
· Challenge existing ways of working and continuously seek ways to do things better in order to drive greater efficiencies within assigned areas. This includes preparing charts, graphs, and detailed statistical analysis related to construction and cost control
Capability Requirements: Proficient in the creation and coding of customized MS Access databases Analytical Thinking: Sees multiple relationships between different sources of data, identifying several likely causes or consequences of a situation and ability to apply critical thinking to drive efficiencies and optimal solutions. Conceptual Thinking: Sees patterns or trends in data or situations, notices when something is similar to a past situation. Impact and Influence: Uses direct persuasion to influence others, using basic data, logic or a solid business case. Customer/Client Orientation: Takes personal responsibility for correcting problems promptly and undefensively and communicates expectations to monitor delivery and satisfaction. Attention to Detail: Monitors qualities of others work, hecks to ensure procedures are followed. Qualifications Knowledge & Experience Required: A Bachelor’s Degree Assoc. Level: 2-3 years of analyst experience or equivalent work experience. Analyst Level: 3-5 years of analyst experience or equivalent work experience. Senior Analyst: 5-7 years of analyst experience or equivalent work experience. Lead Analyst: 7-10+ years of analyst experience or equivalent work experience. Proficient in the creation and coding of customized MS Access databases Proficient in Project management and Work Management software including MicroSoft Office, Excel, SAP, Power Plant, Demonstrated strong analytical skills Excellent verbal and written communication skills Familiar with Gas distribution work Ability to prioritize and manage multiple assignments and tasks simultaneously Ability to travel across the divisions and regions as required(10%) This position is one of National Grid’s career path roles which provide for promotional opportunities within and across salary bands as you develop and evolve in the position by gaining experience, expertise and acquiring and applying technical skills. National Grid is an equal opportunity employer that value s a broad diversity of talent, knowledge, experience and expertise. We foster a culture of inclusion t hat drives employee engagement to deliver superior performance to the communities we serve. National Grid is proud to be an affirmative action employer. We encourage minorities, women, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans to join the National Grid team. Job : Maint & Construction Primary Location : NY-Brooklyn Organisation : Maint & Construction Schedule : Full-time Job Posting : Jan 17, 2017, 4:49:04 PM Unposting Date : Ongoing