At Arconic Power and Propulsion, a business unit of the Engineered Products and Solutions group, we hold the number one global market position in aero engine and industrial gas turbine airfoils—and we are a world-class producer of structural aero engine components. We excel in additive manufacturing technologies, vacuum melted alloys, machining, performance coatings and hot isostatic pressing for high performance parts that enable the next generation of more fuel-efficient aero engines and cleaner power generation.
Our Dover Casting division is a world-class supplier of complex, investment-cast turbine airfoils and other components for the aircraft engine and industrial gas turbine industries. Our Dover Alloy division supplies vacuum and air-melted nickel- and cobalt-based superalloys to internal and external customers.Our Dover, New Jersey Alloy Operation
has an immediate need for a Weekend Evening Shift
(6:00 PM - 6:00 AM Fri/Sat/Sun) Process Team Control Operator.
Candidates must be able to train on Afternoon or Midnight
- Shift begins on Friday evening and is a 36 hr. workweek, paid as 40 hrs.
(Monday – Friday)
The process team control operator (inspector) performs all of the duties of a process team member and checks to ensure final product to ensure accuracy.ENVIRONMENTAL HEALTH & SAFETY RESPONSIBILITES
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Expected to assist in the implementation of EHS Values and policy statements and accompanying principals.
- Comply with all department, facility, corporate and regulatory EHS regulations.
- Wear all required personal protective equipment (PPE).
- Report all job related illness and injuries (Per Employee Handbook).
- Report all safety, health and environmental concerns to your supervisor in a timely manner.
- Attend all EHS training.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/EQUIPMENT USED
- Finish bar stock to meet customer specification.
- Crop, cut out defects, surface grind using various machines to eliminate casting defects to produce ingots of proper surface finish, size and composition.
- Perform needed duties on Innovex detector.
- Perform Process Team member duties as needed.
- Pack ingots for shipment to customer.
- Re weigh shipments as per shipping requirements.
- Assures that all shipments meet customer requirements (proper packing, markings, bar stock size, hopper color, etc.)
- Update computer systems as needed.
- Any other duties as assigned by Team Leader or Supervisor.
- Equipment used includes: Overhead and Jib crane, End Grinder, Scales, Ink Jet and Hand Stampers, Innovex (Radioactive tool), Fork Truck – Hand Truck, marking devices, Hoppers and Drums/Pallets, banding equipment, Hand Grinder and various hand tools, Plastic bags, Specialized lifting devices, Gauges and measuring devices, computer and Electronic Printers
- Minimal lifting requirement for this position. All of the inventory is moved by forklift, hydraulic lift or conveyor.
- Position requires the maneuvering and standing on end of tubes. These tubes vary in size from 3” to 7 1/4” and weighs between 71 lbs and greater than 300 lbs. The lighter tubes can be manipulated up to 140 times a day. The larger tubes (5 ½ to 7 1/4) can be moved up to 72 times per day. There are team members available to give assistance as necessary.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.Basic Qualifications
- Employees must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
- This position is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) which requires U.S. person status. ITAR defines U.S. person as U.S. citizen, U.S. permanent resident (i.e. ‘Green Card Holder’), political asylee, or refugee.
- No relocation benefit is offered for this position. Candidates residing within a 50 miles radius of Dover NJ will only be considered.
- High School Diploma or GED from an accredited institution.
- Must pass inspector certification within a defined amount of time.
- Able to work in a self-directed work team and operate with minimum directions.
- Accuracy in recording and transferring multi-digit numbers.
- Able to focus attention for extended periods.
- Able to read and understand digital scales and other simple weighing and measuring gauges and devices.
- Able to perform simple operations on CRT.
Not ready to apply?