At Arconic Power and Propulsion, a business unit of the Engineered Products and Solutions group, we hold the number one global market position in aero engine and industrial gas turbine airfoils—and we are a world-class producer of structural aero engine components. We excel in additive manufacturing technologies, vacuum melted alloys, machining, performance coatings and hot isostatic pressing for high performance parts that enable the next generation of more fuel-efficient aero engines and cleaner power generation.
Our Dover Casting division is a world-class supplier of complex, investment-cast turbine airfoils and other components for the aircraft engine and industrial gas turbine industries. Our Dover Alloy division supplies vacuum and air-melted nickel- and cobalt-based superalloys to internal and external customers.
Our Dover, New Jersey Alloy Operation has an immediate need for an Afternoon Shift Metal Weigher (Monday - Friday 2:00 PM - 10:30 PM). This position will also train on Afternoon Shift.
ENVIRONMENTAL HEALTH & SAFETY RESPONSIBILITIES
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Expected to assist in the implementation of Arconic EHS Values and policy statements and accompanying principals.
- Comply with all department, facility, corporate and regulatory EHS regulations.
- Wear all required personal protective equipment (PPE).
- Report all job related illness and injuries (Per Employee Handbook).
- Report all safety, health and environmental concerns to your supervisor in a timely manner.
- Attend all EHS training.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/EQUIPMENT USED
- Perform and behave in such a manner as to be a viable, cooperative team member, providing value to the organization in support of the basic Mission and Values Statement of the company.
- Weigh furnace charges using correct revert and virgin materials.
- Weigh prelim. Additions for furnaces.
- Perform inventory control functions as necessary.
- Weigh Alloy Control additions.
- Maintain prelim. Bins to assure timely addition weighing.
- Dump weighed materials into correct charge drums.
- Inspect material being weighed for any foreign objects.
- Assign new lot numbers when applicable.
- Confirm prelim. Additions with the Lab.
- Accurately scan material and labor for cost accounting system (M2M).
- Maintain clean, neat, and organized work area.
- Perform other tasks as may be requested by team leader.
Must pass Virgin Metal Weigher certification test.
- Specialized handling devices
- Various hand tools
- Marking devices
- Digital Scales (lbs./grms.)
- Guillotine shear
- Power saw
- Chain slings
- Hand truck
- Paint, Crayons
- Identification stamps
- Computer systems
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.Basic Qualifications
- This position is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) which requires U.S. person status. ITAR defines U.S. person as an U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. ‘Green Card Holder’)
- Employees must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position
- No relocation benefit is offered for this position. Candidates residing within 50 miles radius of Dover NJ will only be considered.
- High School Diploma or GED from an accredited institution.
- Ability to communicate effectively (verbal and written)
- Perform basic mathematical calculations.
- Able to accurately weigh all materials and recording and transferring multi-digit numbers accurately.
- Able to recognize differences in raw elements.
- Adept in using scales and other weighing devices.
- Must be able to perform simple operations on CRT.
Not ready to apply?