At Arconic Power and Propulsion, a business unit of the Engineered Products and Solutions group, we hold the number one global market position in aero engine and industrial gas turbine airfoils—and we are a world-class producer of structural aero engine components. We excel in additive manufacturing technologies, vacuum melted alloys, machining, performance coatings and hot isostatic pressing for high performance parts that enable the next generation of more fuel-efficient aero engines and cleaner power generation.
Our Dover Casting division is a world-class supplier of complex, investment-cast turbine airfoils and other components for the aircraft engine and industrial gas turbine industries. Our Dover Alloy division supplies vacuum and air-melted nickel- and cobalt-based superalloys to internal and external customers.
Our Dover, New Jersey Alloy Operation has an immediate need for a Midnight shift Charge Prep Team Member position.
This position pulls, verifies and stages raw material for each specific heat.
ENVIRONMENTAL HEALTH & SAFETY RESPONSIBILITIES
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Expected to assist in the implementation of EHS Values and policy statements and accompanying principals.
- Comply with all department, facility, corporate and regulatory EHS regulations.
- Wear all required personal protective equipment (PPE).
- Report all job related illness and injuries (Per Employee Handbook).
- Report all safety, health and environmental concerns to your supervisor in a timely manner.
- Attend all EHS training.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/EQUIPMENT USED
- Pull and stage raw material, according to furnace schedule(s).
- Sort and verify type of raw material using alloy identification equipment.
- Maintains lot integrity on all material.
- Completes Revert Router forms.
- Accurately accounts for unusable/scrap metals.
- Cut/grind raw materials according to specifications.
- Clean raw materials using Wheelabrators.
- Inspect raw materials to insure cleanliness.
- Perform upkeep/preventative maintenance on equipment.
- Maintain dust collectors for revert area.
- Maintain a clean, neat, and organized work area.
- Perform other tasks as may be requested by team leader.
- Expected to assist in the implementation of Arconic/Howmet’s EHS value and policy statement and its accompanying principles.
- Compile with all department, facility, Corporate and Regulatory EH&S regulations.
- Wear all required personal protective equipment.
- Report all job related illness and injuries. (Per employee handbook).
- Report all Safety, Health & Environmental concerns to your supervisor in a timely manner.
- Attend all EH&S training.
- Overhead jib cranes
- Specialized handling devices
- Various hand Marking devices
- Weight & dimensions
- Guillotine shear
- Power saw
- Measuring scales
- Chain slings
- Grinders devices
- Hand truck
- Weight tickets
- Identification stamps
- Sorting table
- Radiation badge
- Kevex machine
- Metorex machine
- Wire cutters
- Leather & rubber gloves
- Drums & hoppers
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.Basic QualificationsBASIC QUALIFICATIONS
Preferred QualificationsPREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- This position is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) which requires U.S. person status. ITAR defines U.S. person as an U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. ‘Green Card Holder’)
- Employees must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position
- No relocation benefit is offered for this position. Candidates residing within 50 miles radius of Dover NJ will only be considered.
- High School Diploma or GED from an accredited institution.
- Read, write, and comprehend English.
- Perform basic mathematical calculations.
- Must be able to accurately weigh all materials.
- Must be able to recognize differences in raw materials.
- Must be accurate in recording and transferring multi-digit numbers.
- Must become adept in using scales and other weighing devices.
- Must become adept in using alloy identification equipment
Not ready to apply?