An Accounting Clerk - Accounts Receivable is responsible for assisting in processing billing for Hotel guests, companies and travel agents.
What will I be doing?
An Accounting Clerk - Accounts Receivable is responsible for assisting in processing billing for Hotel guests, companies and travel agents. Specifically, you would be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Prepares daily Accounts Receivable work, including Direct Bills, Group Bills, Rooms and Food and Beverage charges.
- Resolves inquiries related to City Ledger charges by conducting thorough research, listening and extending assistance in order to resolve problems.
- Posts payments from guests, companies and travel agents to their accounts.
- Balances accounts monthly. Files and stores City Ledger information on a regular basis (daily, weekly, monthly).
- Retrieves, files and stores at levels up to 6 feet high, various files, folders and binders weighing up to 25 lbs.
- Responds to telephone and in-person inquiries related to Accounts Receivable.
What are we looking for?
Any combination of education, training or experience that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities. High school diploma required.
Minimum one year of Accounts Receivable experience required, with similar size hotel experience preferred.
LICENSES OR CERTIFICATES
CPR certification and/or First Aid training preferred.
All team members must maintain a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance (specific standards available).
Ability to speak another language in addition to English is preferred, with Japanese, Chinese, and Korean being the most desirable.
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
- General knowledge of accounting operations. Aptitude for figures.
- Ability to access and accurately input information into a computer using various computer software, including, but not limited to, OnQ, Microsoft EXCEL, Microsoft Word.
- Ability to correspond with customers and guests via electronic mail (e-mail) using company provided software (currently Microsoft Outlook Web Access), using proper grammar.
- Basic mathematical skills and ability to operate a 10-key by touch rapidly and to perform mathematical calculations accurately.
- Ability to effectively deal with and solve conflict situations in a professional manner such as guest complaints, billing problems, last minute requests from clients and other departments.
- Ability to accurately input/type 35 words per minute.
- Ability to grasp, lift and/or carry a maximum of 25 lbs.
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand the English language sufficient to communicate with employees, staff, guests and customers and to perform all essential job functions.
- Ability to lift, bend, stoop, walk, push/pull to retrieve and re-file various binders and files at levels up to 6 feet high.
- Ability to sit and work continuously for extended periods of time.
- Ability to effectively deal with customer and employee concerns in a friendly and positive manner. This involves listening to the nature of the concern, demonstrating empathy with the customer and providing positive feedback and proactive solutions.
- Ability to learn and perform all essential job functions accurately and safely with minimal direct supervision, within initial training period after employee begins work.
Since being founded in 1919, Hilton has been a leader in the hospitality industry. Today, Hilton remains a beacon of innovation, quality, and success. This continued leadership is the result of our Team Members staying true to our Vision, Mission, and Values. Specifically, we look for demonstration of these Values:
- Hospitality - We're passionate about delivering exceptional guest experiences.
- Integrity - We do the right thing, all the time.
- Leadership - We're leaders in our industry and in our communities.
- Teamwork - We're team players in everything we do.
- Ownership - We're the owners of our actions and decisions.
- Now - We operate with a sense of urgency and discipline
In addition, we look for the demonstration of the following key attributes:
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
- Customer Focus
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision “to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality” unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!