*****The Midwest territory includes but is not limited to WV, TN, KY, PA, OH, MI and Canada. The preferred candidate will live in the territory or be willing to relocate. ***** At BASF, we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world’s leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation. We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment and are always working to form the best team—especially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development. And we are constantly striving to become an even better place to work. BASF has been recognized by Forbes Magazine as one of America’s Best Employers in 2016. Come join us on our journey to create solutions for a sustainable future! Where the Chemistry Happens… The BASF division of Care Chemicals offers a broad range of ingredients for hygiene, personal care, home care, industrial & institutional cleaning, and technical applications. We are the leading supplier for the cosmetics industry as well as the detergents and cleaning agents industry and support our customers worldwide with innovative and sustainable products, solutions, and concepts. The division’s high-performance product portfolio includes surfactants, emulsifiers, polymers, emollients, chelating agents, cosmetic active ingredients, pigments, and UV filters. Superabsorbents developed for the full spectrum of hygiene applications complete the range. We have production and development sites in all regions and are expanding our presence in emerging markets. Further information is available at: www.care-chemicals.basf.com Account Manager, Industrial Solutions (1700539) The primary responsibility of the Account Manager, Industrial Solutions, is to manage a portfolio of regional and key accounts in North America to identify new projects, leading with a collaborative approach, and growing technologies sales of these at these accounts. If you have a passion for delivering on strategies that ensure customer success, we are looking for you, read on! Formula for Success: You Will…
Create Your Own Chemistry: What We Offer You…Adding value to our customers begins with adding value to you. You@BASF is the suite of benefits, perks, programs and unique opportunities we offer to support you—the whole you—in all stages of your life and career. With you@BASF, you create your own chemistry.The total rewards that you receive as a BASF employee go way beyond a paycheck. From competitive health and insurance plans, to robust retirement benefits that include company-matching contributions, to making sure you never stop learning, we believe investing in you is investing in our success. Working for a large, global organization, you’ll have a chance to grow professionally and personally, expand your network and build a rewarding and dynamic career.
- Manage a portfolio of products within the Industrial Solutions business and relationships with defined regional and or key account customers.
- Manage effectively a sales territory which includes relationship management of customers, primarily in the USA and Canada.
- Manage pricing and contract negotiations, introduction of new products, coordination of meetings, forecasting and project follow-up.
- Close interaction with all interfaces of the regional business such as product management, supply chain, customer care, marketing, pricing and other key areas.
- Gather market intelligence as it relates to key accounts, applications, formulations and pricing.
- Effectively translate customer knowledge into strategic account plans
Ingredients for Success: What We Look For in You…
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree, ideally in a technical discipline such as Chemistry or Chemical Engineering
- 6+ year’s business experience in a customer facing role. Sales or marketing experience preferred.
- Demonstrated experience managing complex relationships with customers highly preferred
- Proven ability to identify business opportunities and develop appropriate strategies and relationships that deliver results highly preferred
- Demonstrated ability to prepare customer reports detailing price, volume, margin and sales terms preferred
- Willing and able to travel up to 50% of the time within the US and Canada