This opening is with Arconic - Dover Operations, a division of Arconic Power and Propulsion - a world leader in the investment casting of superalloys, aluminum, and titanium, primarily for jet aircraft and industrial gas turbine markets. For more information on Arconic, visit us online at www.arconic.com.
Our Dover, NJ facility is seeking an Assistant Controller that will support the Plant Controller in the direct supervision of the day-to-day general accounting functions and coordination month end closing process, and daily/weekly monthly financial reporting. Assist in the development of financial plans and forecasts, and the analysis of operational results. Prime day-to-day responsibility will be cost accounting; monitor and report inventories, standard cost revisions and the operating budget will be key responsibilities.
- Assist and oversee the General Accounting and Cost Accounting functions such as product costing, daily variance analysis, capital management and financial reporting.
- Assist in the preparation of the monthly business review package.
- Review/perform account reconciliations.
- Participate/back-up for daily reporting, daily checkbook and OT review.
- Assist/participate in physical inventories of product inventory and fixed asset inventory.
- Business unit/corporate requests.
- Assist in monthly finance close.
- Support management financial requests for information through detail analysis and reporting.
- Drive the operating budget process.
- Assist controller in forecasting/ budgeting as needed.
- Work in a safe manner that promotes the health and well-being of the individual and the environment.
- Comply with all EHS rules and regulations and supervisory instructions.
- Report all incidents including injuries, spills, fires, property damage, and near misses to their supervisor.
- Bachelors degree from an accredited institution
- Minimum of 5 years experience in a Finance or Accounting role
- Employees must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
- Experience with standard cost system, financial reporting and financial analysis.
- Hyperion / Oracle system experience highly desirable.
- Experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of GAAP, with solid analytical and strategic planning skills.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills, managerial skills, self-motivated and team oriented skills.
- Must be proficient with computer systems and programs. Ideal candidates will be highly proficient in Excel.
Not ready to apply?